cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Services Client acts as if the network connection is lost when signed out.

Seeker_
Occasional Contributor

Terminal Services Client acts as if the network connection is lost when signed out.

I applied service release 6.2R5 last night.

When I logged in afterwards, I was prompted to install a newer version of the Juniper Terminal Services Client (version 6.2.0.14085).

When I select my Terminal Server Bookmark I now see a maximized Remote Desktop window showing that I'm "Connecting to my host tsfarm.xxx.xxx..." and then i'm redirected to my terminal server loggin screen.

The real issue occurs after I select Start > Log off User from inside my terminal server session.

The Remote Desktop session believes my network connection has been lost instead and shows a Reconnecting window over a now darkening monochromatic bitmap image of my terminal server login screen.

I can select Cancel but my Remote Desktop session window now has a message titled Windows Terminal Server Proxy

with the information message: "This will disconnect your windows session. Your programs will continue to run on the server while disconnected"

My RDP client on my desktop has an to uncheck "Reconnect if connection is lost".

Can I do that from within Juniper Admin Console?

2 REPLIES 2
Rhino_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Terminal Services Client acts as if the network connection is lost when signed out.

I too am having this issue.

We are running 6.4R1. Some of the client devices I've installed the latest RDP client software from Microsoft but that doesn't help.

If I connect using RDP (mstsc.exe) it works ok but only when I uncheck "Reconnect if connection is dropped" under the experience tab. If that option is selected it will produce the same issue using dsTermServ.exe from Juniper.

I'm guessing this is a bug in the Juniper Windows Terminal Services client?

Has anyone had any success figuring this out?

tkolb_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Terminal Services Client acts as if the network connection is lost when signed out.

Hi

Did you test this behavior with 6.4R2? Does it still persist? There had been some issues with the onboard RDP implementation that had been corrected in R2. Don't know if this was the case for your problem though.

Regards

T.