I see v6.4R1 is now available. I haven't upgraded to it yet. Just wondering if anyone has upgraded and what their thoughts are? Also if anyone has heard anything, good or bad, about this version?
I haven't fully tested this one yet, however a few advanced TAC engineers have advised me not to install an R1 release and to wait for R2 or R3 where they fix the bugs from R1. I can say form personal experience the R1 releases have been unstable.
I did test the new Credential Provider with smart cards in beta and it did not work.
I've been running it for 2 days, and have only one issue, it appears not be be supported by NSM 2008.2r1... unless i'm missing something.
I have run NC, WSAM, windows terminal services, ssh (improved, but still not great), LDAP (into a win2k8 AD) and secure instant meeting without running into any problems..
@stine have you tried OWA?
I have a test scenario where OWA doesn't let us login anymore. It worked perfect in 6.3Rx, but after the update when you login you are returned to the login page and not to OWA content.
I have a case open right now working on OWA 2003 with remote form post.
When I set up the form post
destination destination https://mailserver/exchange Not modifiable
flags flags 0 Not modifiable
Username username <USERNAME> Not modifiable
Password password <PASSWORD> Not modifiable
SubmitCreds SubmitCreds Log On Not modifiable
trusted trusted 0 Not modifiable
forcedownlevel forcedownlevel 0 Not modifiable
I enter Log+On into SubmitCreds and it mods it to what you see Log On. I have managed to get the Log+On to load by exporting the resource modifying the XML and re-importing it but still no luck it just keeps asking for credentials.
I am running it in production, in two different networks. 1 was a case of being beaten up by a vista user, the other is my own network. In neither case have I been able to document any failings. (that arent caused by firefox....but im still investigating).
as for OWA, i don't use exchange, so I can't test the OWA functionality.
In both cases, it is on an SA-2000.
I have created an 2008AD authentication server, but have not converted my realm to use it in place of the ldap (to the same backend 2008 server). I've actually wondered if using native AD is better than ldaps, but I still need to set it up and use it for a while because I have a customer that want it.
I also need to test adding a virtual host and vista w/ host checker...this part is hard with only an XPsp3 laptop.
This afternoon i was finally able to use native AD integration for authentication. I've been fighting this for about a week, and I think the resolution was to modify the default IVE computername since I also had the same IVE/AD running LDAP for authentication...
either that, or it just started working...