Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token/AD front end to Basic Auth SSO back end

SOLVED
clint_
Occasional Contributor

Token/AD front end to Basic Auth SSO back end

I am not sure if this would even work cleanly.

The main page utilizes both token and AD auth. Once the user is logged they are presented with a single link to an application that should utilize those AD creds that were presented at the main screen

The application does not use NTLM -> uses form authentication but still authenticates to AD.

I am pretty sure SSO via NTLM does not work right and was looking at basic auth.

Currently the user must retype the AD creds once the application has been opened and we were hoping to avoid that.

thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mrkool_
Super Contributor

Re: Token/AD front end to Basic Auth SSO back end

we do this for most of our AD auth apps we use AD + OTP to log users in.

Just use the <username> and <password> variables and pass those along to the POST of the server and the SSO should work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mrkool_
Super Contributor

we do this for most of our AD auth apps we use AD + OTP to log users in.

Just use the <username> and <password> variables and pass those along to the POST of the server and the SSO should work.

View solution in original post

clint_
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! Just a few more questions

Since the creds I want to pass back for auth come from the secondary authentication server, I assume it is <username[2]> and <password[2]> ?

When doing the form post is "name" the field in the back end application? I assumed it was txtUserName based on

<input name="txtUserName...." for the user and a similar string for the password.

So my settings look like

Label = Username Name = txtUserName Value = <username[2]>

Label = Password Name = txtPassword Value = <password[2]>

Hopefully I am heading down the right path

thanks!