cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to allocate address for client (ext. DHCP)

New Contributor

Unable to allocate address for client (ext. DHCP)

Hello,

I have the following setup in place :
PSA SA-2500, configured a VPN tunneling and connection profile to assign IP address from external DHCP (Juniper SSG 140 unit on same subnet).

The issue that i face is that Pulse Desktop Client says " Unable to allocate address for client ".
Into the logs, i see minor error, ID NWC23466 VPN Tunneling: IPv4 address cannot be allocated to user INT\test. Solution: Check IPv4 Address Pools / DHCP server state.

DHCP server on Juniper SSG 140 is operational and working.

The issue is no longer observed if i configure IP v4 Address Pools on PSA device.

Any suggestions ?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to allocate address for client (ext. DHCP)

What version are you using? If you reboot, does it resolve the error?
There are some versions where the DHCP proxy daemon gets stuck and needs a reboot to restart.
What does the traffic show on the TCP dump between the SA & SSG?
Is the IP pool presented from the SSG in the IP filter list at System>Network>VPN Tunneling?
New Contributor

Its happening on both 8.2R7 and 8.2.R6 (different devices).
Honestly, i havent tried to reboot the device, but since its happening on multiple platform and we are running latest firmware, i doubt its this.
I havent checked any traffic yet, but that would be the next step.
Under System->Network->VPN tunneling, we have wildcard * which means all, right ?

Thank you for confirming the version; 8.2R7 has the fix for the issue I was thinking; does the failure happen on both appliances at the same time? Or different times through the day?
Yup, the wildcard on the IP filter means that all IPs should work. You may have found something new that we haven't seen yet, depending on what the trace shows on the traffic