cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect when adding Hyper-V Wi-Fi adapter

New Contributor

Unable to connect when adding Hyper-V Wi-Fi adapter

Hi,

Since few months, I'm not able to connect to Pulse VPN anymore on my host when I create an external Wi-Fi adapter for my VM, using Hyper-V. When I delete this freshly created adapter, the VPN connectivity works well.

When I create this adapter into Hyper-V then try to connect through the VPN, the VPN stay in cancellable pending state. I have the three following lines repeatly in the log file:

00162,09 2020/10/14 15:59:39.221 3 dsHostChecker.exe hcUtils hcProcessUtils.cpp:76 - 'ProcessUtil::Constructor' Static members are already initialized
00154,09 2020/10/14 15:59:39.230 1 dsHostChecker.exe hcUtils hcPrivileges.cpp:42 - 'SetPrivilege' Unable to AdjustTokenPrivileges. Error 0x514
00154,09 2020/10/14 15:59:39.230 1 dsHostChecker.exe hcUtils hcPrivileges.cpp:42 - 'SetPrivilege' Unable to AdjustTokenPrivileges. Error 0x514

The drivers are well installed.

Have you any idea why am I facing this issue?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect when adding Hyper-V Wi-Fi adapter

@LukasA dsHostChecker.exe is the process that gets created when using browser to connect, are you using browser or pulse client?

when you capture the traffic from the hyper-v interface and on the external wifi interface, do you see TCP/SSL communication between Hyper-V and VPN server?

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Unable to connect when adding Hyper-V Wi-Fi adapter

I use the Pulse client v.9.1.4 (1883), on both host and VM.

When I connect to VPN from my VM (it's working fine), I get the following packet on connection and disconnection:

• Protocol. SSDP | Info. M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1

When I connect to VPN from my host (which is not working), I don't catch anything on the VM through the network interface.

For information, my host is using Wi-fi (wireless connection), where my VM use an Ethernet interface. The configuration is the following:

1. vEthernet (Wi-Fi) | Connected to my internet box, used by the VM | Hyper-V virtual Ethernet
  2. Wi-Fi | Activated and linked by a bridge | Intel(R) Wireless-AC... (wifi driver)
  3. Network Bridge | Connected | Microsoft Network Adapter

Regards,