cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Pulse Secure on windows 10 Home edition

Highlighted
New Contributor

Unable to install Pulse Secure on windows 10 Home edition

Hi! I am trying to install the latest Pulse Secure on my laptop (Windows 10 Home edition) and when the installation is almost finished it starts to roleback with an error. The logs say:
jnprTdi p11540 t34D8 jnprTdiInstDLL.cpp:208 - 'jnprTdi' deletion of driver file jnprTdi_914_1761 failed, error 2
jnprTdi p11540 t34D8 jnprTdiInstDLL.cpp:227 - 'jnprTdi' deletion of driver key jnprTdi_914_1761 failed

Non of the solutions I have found on the forum helped. I tried turning off the AV, tried creating a MaxNumFilters key in the registry - nothing helps. Also tried older versions - everything is the same there.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Unable to install Pulse Secure on windows 10 Home edition

What Antivirus do you have installed?

Can you please uninstall that and try installing the pulse client?

Please PM your system configuration file for review. Open Run command --> type msinfo32 --> File - Save.
PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am using Avast. I have tried to delete it, it didn't work. I have sent a message to you with the info file.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I am facing the absolutely same problem.

Windows 10 1909, Lenovo Yoga laptop, Intel I710th gen.

I do not have any AV installed except Defender.

I have switched off device guard (and don´t feel safe anymore Smiley Very Happy).

No maxnumfilters setting in my registry.

Tried different versions incl. 9.1R4.

May I ask what other virtualization or VPN software you have installed? I only do have VmWare horizon client, but tried even uninstalling it at it did not help...

Martin

Highlighted
New Contributor

Aah I see that it is a different driver:

00157,09 2020/03/25 13:14:38.581 1 SYSTEM MsiExec.exe jnprTdi p17348 t73C jnprTdiInstDLL.cpp:208 - 'jnprTdi' deletion of driver file jnprTdi_824_597 failed, error 2

00147,09 2020/03/25 13:14:38.581 1 SYSTEM MsiExec.exe jnprTdi p17348 t73C jnprTdiInstDLL.cpp:227 - 'jnprTdi' deletion of driver key jnprTdi_824_597 failed

Highlighted
New Contributor

There is a big chance that the problems are coming from the OS - I made some checks and it seems some of the Windows modules are corrupt - I can't update it or install anything from Microsoft Store. Going to re-install or backup Windows 10. I am 90% sure that the issue is on the OS side.

Highlighted

OK. Please reinstall the Windows 10 and check the behavior.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert