cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Uninstaller Script of all Workstation Components

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Updated Uninstaller Script of all Workstation Components

Use this program on those pesky clients that get errors auto-installing or auto-upgrading Network Connect components.

This program will uninstall Network Connect from version 6.4 - 7.1 , Host Checker, WSAM, the Installer Service, and the browser helper objects. It will also clear all cache and cookies.

When its complete I'd recommend manually installing the Installer Service, Host Checker (if used), and Network Connect 64 or 32 bit. You can download these apps under system, installers on your SA. I have a script that uninstalls then reinstalls these components but I didnt provide it because its very dependant on the version you're running on your SA. You could put the reinstall components out on a share somewhere and just call them in a batch file after the uninstall runs. You can also try to have the platform auto-install the components at login after a reboot, sometimes that works.

I zipped the GoAwaySa.exe and attached it. I've also added a text files showing exactly what the script does. It was written in Wise Installation System 9 and I'd be glad to share the .wse if needed.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Updated Uninstaller Script of all Workstation Components

I have no time to upgrade this script again but I wish Juniper would provide something official that does the same thing. Its a critical tool. Look at Symantec's NONAV. A complete uninstall/reinstall solves lots of problems with NC.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Updated Uninstaller Script of all Workstation Components

Thanks for this - it looks really useful!

Ken