cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating to 6.3

dtlam76_
Contributor

Updating to 6.3

I was wondering if anyone has updated to ver 6.3 as of yet. I wanted to know if the upgrade would affect network connect or host checker.
6 REPLIES 6
ben_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Updating to 6.3

Yes I did, but only on our testsystem.

What do you mean by affect HC and NC? Every IVE OS updates results in new versions beeing pushed to the clients, no matter of HC, NC, WSAM or whatever. Also there is no mechanism to lock a client to a specific, e.g. NC, version, even though this would solve problems of some guys here, always reporting other problems in the NC upgrade process on the client, after upgrading the IVE...

dtlam76_
Contributor

What I meant was by updating the os does that update host checker and Network connect also? In addition if it does, I am assuming that it pushes and updated Network connect and hostchecker out to the end users also.

Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

yes, it will push the upgrades on-demand. Are you having trouble with auto-upgrading ?

You could try to manually deploy the upgrade to users ahead of time but it's tricky getting the timing right, (unless you are moving to a different box)

dtlam76_
Contributor

Actually we havent upgraded as of yet. We have a clustered vpn and we want to try testing the update on our backup vpn just to make sure we didnt have any issues. So your tellnig me that NC and HC are updated too when we deploy the OS update?
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

yes, no way to stop it. When the users login to the test VPN, their NetConnect and Host Checker will be upgraded. The client code is tied directly to the server code. I've asked for a way to seperate the two because I think its too much change at once. I think Juniper needs to develop an independant client.

Not to scare you but upgrades can be very hairy. I'd suggest testing in depth. We direct a large group of users to a test box for months before upgrading our production boxes. There is nothing worse then trying to resolve server side problems and client upgrade issues at the same time.

dtlam76_
Contributor

Jickfoo thanks for that info it really helped me out. I appreciate your quick response and your feedback is most valuable.