Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SA 2500 to latest verson

Johnhow_
New Contributor

Upgrade SA 2500 to latest verson

Hi guys,

Im going to upgrade the firmware on our SA-2500 , 6.4 R1 (build 14063) to the latest version.

I am wondering if i can upgrade it to the last version (7.1) directly?

As i found online, someone said if upgrade via GUI, its better to upgrade to the next available version first rather than jump directly to the latest one. Is this true? what is the best version to upgrade to?

Also what do i need to do before the upgrade? (i.e any backups)

Thanks guys

Jack

4 REPLIES 4
rdit_
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrade SA 2500 to latest verson

We want to go from 6.3 to 7.4, I already tested this on my SA2500 Test-Cluster by first going to 7.0 and from there going to 7.4. I havent had any problem this way. Dont know if it works that good directly aswell.

Normally your config should persist, but for sure take some backups first. Dont miss the User-Accounts file, this is much more important than the config-file itself, cause it holds all the role and realm configuration. Be sure your clients have installerservice installed if they are no adminusers and check their client-firewalls, if present, that they are not blocking the new juniper applications of version 7.x

Johnhow_
New Contributor

Great news,

Thanks rdit.

PS, the current version is 7.1, how do you upgraded it to 7.5??

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/sa/

rdit_
Regular Contributor

I used our only for this reason self-developed time-machine to travel into future and steal this new release, cause it supports some features we need in present.

No, i just meant 7.0R4, sorry. I went to 7.0R1 and from there updated to 7.0R4.

Have a nice day!

Johnhow_
New Contributor

Awesome,

Thank you