cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Juniper Installation Service

powersln_
Not applicable

Upgrading Juniper Installation Service

We are upgrading Juniper Installation Service from version 1.3.2.12683 to 2.1.3.6931. It notifies us that we need a reboot during the install. We are deploying this with a SMS like service. We would like to avoid a reboot at all possible. Does anyone know any possible way around this?

Thanks,

Larry

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Upgrading Juniper Installation Service

Are there any other Juniper softwares installed that might be using a shared component?

Raj909_
Contributor

We are looking to upgrade our SA-4500 from 6.4 to 6.5, however, we would need to get a copy of the Juniper Installer Service so it can be deployed to all our computers, before we upgrade the SA-4500 firmware. This is because our users do not have administrative rights on their systems. If we upgrade the box, users will not have rights to upgrade the installer service to 6.5 when they login to the portal.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of it or if there is another way to upgrade it?

Raj909_
Contributor

I received a copy from support for the EXE and MSI versions of the Juniper Installer Service. Does anyone know if there is a document or KB article showing the different versions and what is different?

Support sent me 7.0.0.17143 and after speaking with our SE, a new version is out which is 7.0.0.17289. I would like to know the differences before we start to push them out to our laptops - and to ensure we have the latest and greatest.

Thanks

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

The difference would be the IVE OS version that you are upgrading to.

There is no functional difference between the .msi and .exe version; they are provided for you to have options for dispersal to your users.

miked_
Contributor

I am under the impression that the installer service autoupgrades itself when users log into an SA with a higher OS version..... i thought i read that somewhere but cant seem to locate it right now.