cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ProperJavaRDP Applet for Terminal Services

jason2829_
New Contributor

Using ProperJavaRDP Applet for Terminal Services

I am trying to use the ProperJava RDP applet and am having an issue with getting the applet to run from the user interface. The files load properly into the SA, but when I run the bookmark from a linux installtion using firefox I just get "This terminal session is not supported on your computer." It seems like it is still trying to run the Windows client. I checked "Always use this Java applet."

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Using ProperJavaRDP Applet for Terminal Services

Hey Jason - one thing you can do to make sure you are not having any issue related to the built in Terminal Services is to define a WEB Resource Profile - select the hosted java app option and point to the java code load. If you still have an issue with it then it will be something to do with your html code or the java files themselves.

Feel free to post the code also.

jason2829_
New Contributor

The applet launches when I use the Web Profile, but it errors out on the client side. The Java Console on the client says

load.class net.propero.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class nout found. ( and a bunch more stuff along that line).

. Here is my code

<html>
<head>
<title>PropJavaRDP Applet</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<!--
Notes:
1) << CODEBASE >> is a system value that will get replaced at the time the applet is launched. Please do not modify this value.
2) Please modify the remaining values as needed.
3) Please make sure all attribute names/values are enclosed in double quotes.
-->
<body>
<applet code="net.propero.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class"
codebase="<< CODEBASE >>"
archive="properJavaRDP14-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP13-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP12-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP11-1.1.jar,log4j-java1.1.jar,java-getopt-1.0.13.jar,properJavaRDP-1.1.jar"
width="640" height="480"
name="PropJavaRDP" align="top">
<param name="code" value="net.propero.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class">
<param name="codebase" value="<< CODEBASE >>">
<param name="archive" value="properJavaRDP14-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP13-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP12-1.1.jar,properJavaRDP11-1.1.jar,log4j-java1.1.jar,java-getopt-1.0.13.jar,properJavaRDP-1.1.jar">
<param name="cabbase" value="">
<param name="name" value="PropJavaRDP">
<param name="width" value="640">
<param name="height" value="480">
<param name="align" value="top">
<!--
Please specify additional params here after the comment.
<param name="paramname" value="paramvalue">
-->

<param name="Server" value="192.168.2.16">
<param name="Port" value="3389">
<param name="Username" value="<< user >>">
<param name="password" value="<< password >>">
</applet>
</body>
</html>

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Hey Jason - on the surface it looks fine. If you like send me your email in a PM and I will send you a bundle with the Java files. Perhaps you are missing some chunk of code.

Can send to you next Monday.

imtravis_
Contributor

I had the same issue, until I found ProperJava on sourceforge. Took me a bit to figure out that I was missing a file in the upload. If muttbarker sends you the bundle, looks like it should work.