cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SSL for NSM SSO

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Using SSL for NSM SSO

I am getting ready to implement a very large (12 box) SSL deployment. We will be using NSM to manage the boxes which will be a new experience for me. The customer wants to know if we can also the SSL boxes to manage logins into the NSM.

They will be using radius two factor authentication for SSL access and want to do SSO into the NSM through the SSL boxes (We are deploying all the SSL boxes to protect their internal networks).

While I can start RTFM I wondered if anyone had tackled this one?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
stine_
Super Contributor

Re: Using SSL for NSM SSO

I have never tried SSO with my NSM, but i do have it configured to use RADIUS against my NT/AD server. Unfortunatlely, I cannot tell you how to set up the NT/AD server because i blew mine away and have to set it up again. I know that it requires IAS (on 2k3), or NPS (2k8) but I dont remember how i set it up... You could also use a stand-alone RADIUS server or an Infranet Controller, but I wouldn't make logging into and NSM dependant on an IC because if you muck up the IC, you won't be able to log into the NSM.

stine

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Hey Theo - thanks for the reply. I have no problems with the Radius solution, either stand-alone or through AD but my customer really wants to run it through the SSL if possible. I will post my test results once I get some. My NSM test box hated my upgrade to 2008.1 so I am just rebuilding it from the ground up.

Interesting comment about the IC. I must confess that we have yet to sell a single one, much less do a deployment. Do you like the IC solution?

stine_
Super Contributor

Nope, I've done a couple of demo's, with an IC-4000 setup on an internal test network, but haven't had any make the purchase... money is kind of tight.