cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using different internal IP address to authenticate with the same authentication server?

kw_
Occasional Contributor

Using different internal IP address to authenticate with the same authentication server?

The customer currently have 2 seperate URLs for user to sign in. One for network connect and the other one to access their internal inote server using web rewrite feature.

Each URL is mapped to a single role only, not multiple role which will be decided during authentication.

The customer wants to have use different internal IP (for different role) to authenticate with the authentication server. Is it possible? I have asked the customer to configure the "role-based source ip address" option according to the administration guide but it don't seems to be working.

Just wondering this option can be used for authentication purpose or it only works after the user is authenticated and identified with a role? In my case, the url that the user is accessing always have only 1 role specified. I'm hoping that it works. Smiley Very Happy

If not, the customer will need to purchase IVS license to achieve the objective.

2 REPLIES 2
RKB_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Using different internal IP address to authenticate with the same authentication server?

Yes, you will need to use IVS for this requirement. Role based source-ip address will not help as authentication occurs first and then role-mapping.
kw_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Using different internal IP address to authenticate with the same authentication server?

Thanks ! Will inform the customer about it. =)