cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMView Client - native support

knobbynoo_
Occasional Contributor

VMView Client - native support

Does anyone know if there are there any plans to provide native support for the VMView client?

It would be really nice to not have to deploy the NC client in order to use VMView through the appliance.

5 REPLIES 5
Kalex_
Contributor

Re: VMView Client - native support

Hi Knobbynoo,

it's already available in IVE OS6.4 - I think it was R2 - and up. If you use 7.x (recommended, imho) it certainly is, and works rather well.

Best regards,

Alex

Steffen_
Contributor

Hi,

Juniper SA dies only support VMware View if you use the RDP protocol instead of PCoIP.

So yes, you can access your virtual desktop,

but no, you can't use the "native" PCoIP" protocol which is the part that makes using virtual desktops nice and comfortable. - at least according to my opinion.

So I'll change the question a bit:

When will Juniper SA support PCoIP without using NC or WSAM ?

- Steffen

knobbynoo_
Occasional Contributor

I should have been more specific with my question - I was referring to native VMView (PCoIP), not RDP which I agree, is a very poor second in comparison.

So bump... anyone from Juniper care to answer?

Zcript3r_
New Contributor

Okay, so last post on this topic was last August, of 2010. Can anyone shed any light on why PCoIP is not natively supported in the IVE as of yet? I have doctors who are going to be angry that they need to launch NC, and then launch a VMView Client and THEN logon AGAIN!

Having the PCoIP prototcal natively supported would make using the faster protocol from the IVE a LOT easier for everyone!

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

motsie_
Not applicable

Has there been any updates as when or if this is available yet?    native VMView (PCoIP)