cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN unable to ping my Win2k3 Server

bradacus_
Not applicable

VPN unable to ping my Win2k3 Server

I've had this problem for a couple days now trying to set up a vpn connection to one of our file servers at work.  Basically my remote vpn connection can ping and interact with all computers on the network except for our Win2k3 Server box.

I went to the server and compared it to another win2k3 fileserver we run, that we can ping and RDP to using VPN, and couldn't find any differences on the surface.

I am using the Netscreen remote client and our firewall is the Juniper SSG140.

Any ideas why this particular server is not reachable by our VPN? Our LAN wired connection can access it no problem.  

1 REPLY 1
AndyC_
Occasional Contributor

Re: VPN unable to ping my Win2k3 Server

Hi,

This post should be under the firewall section as it is about NSRemote and netscreen firewall rather then SSL VPN.

Can you get any kind of connection to the server???

If everything else works on the network, it is either a routing issue for that server....doesnt know how to route back for the remote vpn client

or maybe a firewall on the server???

Are you able to run wireshark on the server to do a packet capture to see if it receives anything from the remote vpn client.

Also do you see any logs on the netscreen firewall for the traffic coming from the vpn client to the server?

Regards

Andy

Regards

Andy

JNCIS-FWV
JNCIA-WX
JNCIA-SSL
JNCIA-ER