Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAM Exchange and domain computer

Highlighted
New Contributor

WSAM Exchange and domain computer

Hi!

I am unable to make outlook working through WSAM in some environement. Actually, only computer not integrated in domain are able to use outlook through WSAM.

The configuration is very simple:

• Running 7.0r3
  • Option "IP based matching for Hostname based policy resources" is set.
  • WSAM is enabled on my role and SAM application profile for outlook is created.
  • SAM policy (created in the ressource profile) : <exchange_server_fqdn>:* Allow.
  • DNS on IVE are domain controlers

With this configuration using one computer not integrated in the domain it is working.

With exactly the same outlook account configuration on another computer belonging to the domain, it is not working.

I cna see session through WSAM but oulook is seen disconnected.

I have tested the following:

• Set domain controler in SAM policy: NOK
  • Set *:* in SAM policy : NOK
  • Add "Domain Authentication" ressource profile with two domain controler in policies: not working: NOK

Outlook is always seen disconnected.

I am not an MS Windows Exchange expert at all and I understand it is failing at this point.

Have anyone already met this issue ?

Thanks and regards

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: WSAM Exchange and domain computer

From the domain pc open outlook and change Logon network security to password authentication NTLM. Now test the WSAM and outlook profile and update the  thread.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

what does the WSAM event log show on the domain PC? non-domain?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

Here are more information :

The reason of the failure is that outlook is configured to used Kerberos. In this configuration if outlook is using NTML it is working.

To make Outook on Kerberos working it is needed to add domain controller application in WSAM and set DC in ACL.

I hope this will help someone.

Yann

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Yann,

Thats correct thats the reason I wanted to test this by enabling NTLM on the outlook to confirm if this was related to kerberos.

Thanks for the update

Regards,

Vijay

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the feedback; glad to hear it is working for you