Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAM: TS disconnections

moshik_
Occasional Contributor

WSAM: TS disconnections

Hi all,

One of my clients is using WSAM to connect to the TS.

For a reason we still unknown to us, he experience severe disconnections from the TS (he’s client disconnect and reconnect).

It’s important to mention that I don’t have control over the SSL-VPN equipment (controlled by other company), so my actions are limited.

From what I was able to discover, the following lines repeats every time he disconnected: “Connection fail to host “host_name”: software caused connection to abort”

The version that the supplier use for SAM is: 7.2

Any help /advice on how to continue from here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Moshik.

5 REPLIES 5
jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Re: WSAM: TS disconnections

Hi Moshik,

If it is working for other users,then it is an issue on client side.Likely reaons being :

1. Unstable network connection

2. Third party software which caused the socket to close

You can take :

1. wireshark from client PC to check if there are any packet retransmissions to the external IP of the Juniper

2. Process monitor logs to see what exe's may have caused the socket to close.

Regards,

Jay

moshik_
Occasional Contributor

I'll will try to follow your suggestions, but also i would like to point out that the user is also running one or more rdp sessions (native client) to other internet facing TS servers simultaneously, and doesn't seems to have disconnections issues.

as for the other users ....well the disruption cause a 2 seconds disconnection (the rdp reconnect itself automatically). other uses may not complained about this.

thanks again,

moshik.

jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Hi Moshik,

What is the OS of this user and is he/she connecting from wired/wireless connection?

Any reason in using WSAM to access terminal servers instead of the Windows terminal services client on the Juniper?

Regards,

Jay

moshik_
Occasional Contributor

windows 7 / wired connection.

not sure why the supplier chose to work with WSAM insted of using the juniper teminal server client.

thanks.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

to tag on to what jayLaiz has said....what happens to other SAM-based connections at the time TS disconnects? That message you pointed out indicates some form of disconnect on the session from the user to the VPN server.