Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAM doesn't start a session unless I open a new browser window

spanudiez_
Occasional Contributor

WSAM doesn't start a session unless I open a new browser window

Hi,

I'm using an SA6500 and  I crated a resource for an intranet site that doesn't support rewriting so I'm using WSAM destination.

After logon, Host checker starts properly and WSAM is blue and connected, the ip/site destination appears in the destination list however if I navigate to the site, the rewriting still works and WSAM doesn't start a session. If  I open a new browser window and navigate to the same site, a WSAM session starts and there is no more rewriting, wich is exaclty what I want from the initial browser window (same behaviour with both firefox and ie)

Has anyone ever encountered this issue, is there any way to fix this? For all my other resources WSAM works well with the initial browser window.

Thanks,

Ionut

3 REPLIES 3
jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Re: WSAM doesn't start a session unless I open a new browser window

HI Lonut,

It is easier to do tis by configuration a resource profile for web.

Delete whatever you have configured previously for the WSAM for the intranet site

1.      Create New Web Application Resource Profile
2.      Enter base URL as the intranet site

3.      Click Show all Auto policy types button
4.      Go to Auto policy: Rewriting Options
5.      Select No rewriting (use WSAM) ,enter the WSAM allowed server IP/hostname for the intranet resource

6.      Save the profile and apply to the concerned User role

It is easier that it allows you to configure everything in a single page

Hope this helps.

Regards,

jay

spanudiez_
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jay, 

That's exactly how I do it, but this was not a configuration question. I don't understand why for my situation, even when WSAM is up and running, the URL is rewritten in the initial page. 

Example : resource www.intranet.com, set as bookmark, WSAM well configured, no rewriting for this particular destination. 

If I click the bookmark from the initial landing page, the link is rewritten even if WSAM is in connected status, there's no WSAM session. 

If I open a new browser window, WSAM is working properly, a session is starting for the www.intranet destination and there's no more rewriting, however I always have to open a new browser window to do that, it never works from the initial page. 

This happens from all my workstations and only for this particular resource which was configured exactly as my other resources with WSAM destination. 

Has anyone ever encountered this behaviour, is there something I can do to make wsam work from the initial browser window?

Thanks, 

Ionut

jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Hi Lonut,

Take a policy trace for web policies and see if the do not rewrite policy for the intranet url is getting applied.

Regards,

Jay