cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAM problem. WSAM do start, but doesn't connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue).

Not applicable

Re: WSAM problem. WSAM do start, but doesn't connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue).

Same issue here.  Works fine with Windows XP, does not work with Windows 7 or Windows 8.  Very embarassing, difficult for my company to deal with our customer.

When we attempt to login, software is downloaded automatically.  is there any way to download a Windows 7/8 version and use that instead?

Are there any ports which must be forwarded from routers (I was trying at home but still had the same problems with 7 or 8).  I don't see why this would be the case since Windows XP works fine but I'm at a loss here.  Sifting through the logs I see only that the program is waiting for a connection. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: WSAM problem. WSAM do start, but doesn't connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue).

For the atom-based devices, which I think is common across the thread, the drivers that load (uefi, iirc) are different than non-atom devices and a registry or bios setting needs to be changed. I will try to check on this over the next few days & update the thread if I can find my internal notes/KB on it
Not applicable

Hello,
I have the same problem on Windows 10 with my surface pro 4.
No error message. The icon appeared in the system tray, but she stay white - not blue as it should.
Highlighted

I am also experiencing the same issue on a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10. I can successfully connect WSAM on a Windows 10 Thinkpad, so don't think it's a Windows 10 issue. I see reference to Bios settings, but nothing specific. Has anyone found an answer?

I opened a case with Pulse Secure and they are pointing me back to my internal helpdesk, rather than providing the details on what needs to be changed for it to work.