cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAM problem. WSAM do start, but doesn't connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue).

New Contributor

WSAM problem. WSAM do start, but doesn't connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue).

Hello!

I have a problem that I have not found a solution for... any help is appreciated! :-)

We are running WSAM on Juniper SA 7.3.R3, and it works good.

We have had different problems over time, but all of them has been solved so far - and most of them have been related to the connecting computer.

A while ago I had a problem on a Windows 7 client with that WSAM did start as it should, but it didn't connect. No error message. The icon appeared in the system tray, but it was white - not blue as it should.

That time I solved the problem by uninstalling a program called "NTI Backup Now" - as this somehow stopped WSAM from connecting. Sorted that out by booting Windows in "clean boot" and inactivated service by service - and than found out that "NTI Backup Now" was the source of the problem.

Now I have the same problem on a different computer, this time running Windows 8 Pro 32-bit. I have had WSAM working on other Windows 8 computers, so I know it should work. The "host checker" works as it should but the WSAM do not connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue). I have reverted the computer to factory installed state, but still the same problem occurs.

I have made a "clean boot" and inactivated everything but Microsoft services - but still the same problem...
Windows Firewall has been turned of during the tests.

If you read the Event Log in WSAM you can see that it correctly detects "IVE session established to sa.mycompany.com" so that is not the problem.

13 REPLIES 13
Super Contributor

Re: WSAM problem. WSAM do start, but doesn't connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue).

Hi,

Have you tried creating a new user profile on the PC and tried.

Regards,

Jay

New Contributor

Re: WSAM problem. WSAM do start, but doesn't connect (icon stays white and doesn't turn blue).

Just gave it a try. Same problem. :-(

The PC is brand new, and I have also restored it to factory state - among other things.

It's a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2, with factory installed Windows 8 Pro 32-bit.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue on 2 Intel Atom based windows 8 Devices.

The WSAM dEbug Log makes the following Log:
00189,09 2013/04/26 17:29:59.013 1 User1 dsSamProxy.exe Proxy p1152 t16F4 samproxy.cpp:368 - 'dsSamProxy:Run' CreateFile failed, could not get a handle to device: \\.\NEOFLTR_730_23977, error: 2

It seems that the system fails to laod the TDI driver and therfor can not connect /receive the configuration form the server.

With kind regards,

Kwabbernoot-be

New Contributor

OK. Then it seems like it's some sort of compatibility issue between WSAM and the Intel Atom platform or something like that, as the Tablet 2 is using the same platform.

Maybe WSAM or some of it's libraries or drivers doesn't work well together with some driver related to Intel Atom platform.
New Contributor

Good morning, I have the same problem. For an internal company project, we bought 50 tablets model Acer W511 with windows 8. We use a Wsam ver. 6.5.15991 and after install, the icon stays white. The Wsam works only on 6 tablets of 50

I tried with clean install, clean boot, disable firewall or antivirus,  but still the same problem. I don't know if the problem is related to Atom platform or the version of Wsam that we used...

Respected Contributor

fctech: win8 is not supported on prior to 7.3; that you have if working on some is unexpected.

Which version of 8 is being used: RT, Pro, etc?
New Contributor

I use a windows 8 build 9200... but I don't understand why the version that we use (6.5), work fine in other pc with windows 8 with Intel Centrino or Intel Atom 2600 processors...

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure either; I highly recommend opening a JTAC case for this

New Contributor

Has anyone found any solution for this problem yet? Still struggling with this.

I have not, as a customer, permission to file a JTAC support case...