Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Rewriting / Web Bookmark to a private server

SOLVED
suwandios_
New Contributor

Web Rewriting / Web Bookmark to a private server

Hi all,

Need some informations regarding the web bookmarks on SA-4000.

Can I use the web bookmark feature with a private IP addressed internal app server as the host?

The user will be on internet using public IP and the server's IP will be 192.168.x.x (not translated to any public IPs).

I've tried once to do that

but users still needed to launch network connect first to access the 192.168.x.x server.

Thanks

Su

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdit_
Regular Contributor

Re: Web Rewriting / Web Bookmark to a private server

Have you set up an initial rewrite policy for the role? you'll also need to create a web access policy for that resource in order to get that working!

but to answer your question: yes its possible, you dont need to have a vpn session (network connect) - thats what the rewriting is for Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rdit_
Regular Contributor

Have you set up an initial rewrite policy for the role? you'll also need to create a web access policy for that resource in order to get that working!

but to answer your question: yes its possible, you dont need to have a vpn session (network connect) - thats what the rewriting is for Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Yes, as rdit said you will need a rewrite policy to make this work.

To outline what you will do (the below is all done on the admin):

1) Go to Users>User Roles>roleName>General; make sure web is enabled

2) Go to Users>User Roles>roleName>Web

3) New Bookmark

4) In the server, put thet internal name/IP and save changes

5) Go to Users>Resource Policies>Web>Access Control and either make a new policy or allow the default *:* to exist (be sure that the role you created is applied to for the policy)

6) Go to Users>Resource Policies>Web>Rewriting>Selective Rewriting (if you don't see this option, click on the "customize" link on the far right and choose to display all)

7) Create a new policy, or modify the default, to include *:* (or at least the site you defined on the bookmark) and set the action to "rewrite" (first radio button).

suwandios_
New Contributor

thanks for you guys' reply...

I've done the rewrite policy just as written in the admin guide.

And you know what...

apparently it appears that my company firewall guy did not do my request to allow the SA IP to access the server... bottleneck at the human side this time Smiley Wink

Anyway, thanks and I really do appreciate your replies Smiley Happy

_

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Glad to hear Smiley Happy