Did you mean: 

When is 6.5R3 due?

Niol_
Contributor

Re: When is 6.5R3 due?

stine_
Super Contributor

I downloaded it (but a different build number that was listed above), and have been running it on an SA-2500 for about 12 hours with no problems....(kind of *)

* if you have no-script, and you block scripts in the middle of the NC/HC/CC downloads, things get screwed up and you have to manually uninstall, and then re-connect to have the IVE install them properly (on XPsp3 w/FF3.6,) which it did.

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

yes the latest version is 6.5R3.1 and this is what they fixed from what was given to me last week

asg-endpointintegrity-admin-ui Ð The download of the virus signatures list and the patch management data is

failing. (506983)

looks pretty important for those of you using host checker.

FernandoSilva_
New Contributor

Guys,

In the 6.5R3.1 fix description, what does the number 506983 mean?

I would like to get more details about this fix?

Thanks.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

That is the internal tracking number for the issue that was observed.

FernandoSilva_
New Contributor

Guys,

Could somebody explain to me what was fixed on 6.5R3?

I have some customer problems with 6.5R2 and I would like to understand better what was fixed on 6.5R3.

IMHO, Juniper should improve the Release Notes...

Thanks.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Is there a specific release note item that has you concerned? What is your customer experiencing that you would like to maybe upgrade to 6.5R3.1 to resolve?

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

there are release notes with each and every patch, actually, you have to click past the release notes to get to the file. I upgraded our production sa4500 to 6.5r3.1 just this morning, its been almost 4 hrs since it was applied and i currently have 49 users logged on and with all those users downloading and installing the new client cpu is sitting at about 3%, with memory at about 1% util. i'm going to go out on a limb and say that whatever changes were made also improved performance since im always used to seeing cpu jump to and hang around 55%.

Tessian_
Frequent Contributor

SonicBoom that's great to hear, I am planning on upgrading from 6.4R4 to 6.5R3.1 next week. Not only to hopefully address some memory leak issues I've been having but also Host Checker not automatically upgrading.

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

thats a nice sized jump, you should see some improvements, i did get some feedback from users stating it is far more friendly to some of our other applications and runs much faster. hopefully you have a test box you can test on prior to making changes, personally i cant wait to see version 7.0 in may