cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would I use Pulse instead of NC?

Contributor

Why would I use Pulse instead of NC?

Hi,

I just recently started to look into Pulse and what I don't quite understand yet is, why I would use that instead of the "legacy" components like HC, NC etc.?

NC stilll seems to have more features than Pulse.

Why do you use Pulse?

Thanks

Sascha

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Why would I use Pulse instead of NC?

Well, I've heard that Pulse will work with iPads and iPhones. Thats the only reason we are looking into it.

Highlighted
Contributor

That's true.

What happens if I have a role that has Network Connect enabled (and thus Pulse disabled) and an iOS device is hitting that role? Will it work? Or would I have to use a role that has Pulse enabled?

Also, does Pulse plug into GINA on Windows like NC does?

Thanks

Sascha

Highlighted
Super Contributor

What happens if I have a role that has Network Connect enabled (and thus Pulse disabled) and an iOS device is hitting that role? Will it work?

You will get some wonderfully generic error I'm sure. NC: 26281628363 or something. No, it wont work.

Yes, you should set up a Role tied to a unique URL for pulse devices. Then direct your mac geeks there.

Also, does Pulse plug into GINA on Windows like NC does?

I'm not sure. Set up a test URL/role and give it a shot.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

You can check the Junos Pulse overview, it has some good information about the capabilities of Pulse

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/software/junos-platform/junos-pulse/#overview

Thanks,

Suresh

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Junos Pulse suffers none of the absurdly annoying connection problems with the secure gateway that NC has always had, even though it uses the NC back-end.

Plus it looks nicer. I like it. So do my clients.