cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Network connect 5.1 work with Mac OS 10.6

get2bala_
Not applicable

Will Network connect 5.1 work with Mac OS 10.6

I am trying to install Juniper Network connect VPN from my macbook with OS 10.6.

But everything I try its not working. I have already tried following

1) Changed the password

sudo keytool -storepasswd -new changeit -keystore /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeme

2) Tried the standalone install and tried connecting but it gives me error as "A software error caused the tunneling service to terminate"

3) Also tried chmod giving permission to the folder and making sure frameworks directory is created

But none of this has worked ... can you please let me know if I have missed out anything.

Only thing I suspect is the version on server is 5.1 which is very old to work with 10.6 but I can't request them to upgrade it just for me .. because everyone else uses windows

Will really appreciate your response.

1 REPLY 1
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Will Network connect 5.1 work with Mac OS 10.6

Unfortunately, Mac OS 10.6 is not supported until 6.5R2. The 5.1 Network Connect client does not have the information to support 10.6 clients.

If the other users are on Windows, it is possible an upgrade may be possible as users receive new computers. 5.1 also does not support Vista, Windows 7, IE 7, or IE 8. If these are not used internally, though, that might not be a selling point for the upgrade.

Good luck!