cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 NC Clients disconnect after 30 minutes

StevieRay_
Occasional Contributor

Windows 7 NC Clients disconnect after 30 minutes

We have some Windows 7 computers running network connect that disconnect without warning about every 30 minutes. It seems to be caused by a major failure in network connector as the computer has to be rebooted before you can access the internet or login to the SA.

All our Windows XP work OK and have done so for several years. It seems to be associated with certain residential ISPs like BT Infinity or Talk-Talk in the UK though we are seeing this problem elsewhere.

As anyone seen this problem before? BTW. I have openned a case with jtac.

6 REPLIES 6
dcvers_
Regular Contributor

Re: Windows 7 NC Clients disconnect after 30 minutes

You can sometimes see this if you have Roaming Sessions disabled and the ISP is having an issue that is causing them to refresh use IPs at regular intervals. If this is the case you should be able to see the session drop messages in the logs. 

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

not without a specific external cause, no. what does your user access log show?

are your xp users on the same network at the same time as the Win7 disconnect?

if you are needing to reboot to recover, it sounds like not an SA issue; can you let me know the case number?

StevieRay_
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to work through a possible Windows 7 build issue though it is difficult to see what would possibly cause this type of problem.

These are users who were using their XP PCs in the same location as their new Windows 7 PCs.

We're seeing messages like 'Unhandled exception - 0xC0000005 at 0x711B603E' at disconnect time in the client log.

Our case # is 2013-0114-0152.

StevieRay_
Occasional Contributor

It appears we have an issue with McAfee Virusscan v8.8 and EPO policies.

By changing our EPO policies back to McAfee defaults or installing McAfee Virusscan Enterprise v8.8 patch 2 resolves the issue.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

odd; thank you for sharing.

do you see failures on either the mcafee logs or juniper client logs?

StevieRay_
Occasional Contributor

We don't see anything in either the logs to suggest where the problem can be attributed to McAfee.

In the debug log I see the phrase 'Unhandled exception' that indicates this problem as occurred.