Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 and NC

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Windows 7 and NC

Hi,

When I try to connect a laptop with windows 7 SP1 64 bits and try to access a share I have an unreachable error, the same share with XP works.

From my local network it works

From NC and cmd it works

From NC and explorer the network drive doesn't work and when I use the file folder it works.

I tried to apply this modification

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/95149-need-change-local-security-policy-win7-starter.html_

But it's not solve my problem.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Windows 7 and NC

Hi Eric,

Which IVE version are you running? W7 is only supported from the 6.5R2 onwards. The best thing for you to do to get stable NC connections if you use windows 7 is to upgrade at least to 7.0Rx (soon 7.1Rx) as the support for W7 improves in every IVE version.

Let me know how it turns out ...

Kind regards,

Kristof

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kristof,

I have a cluster of mag4610 with the latest version 7.1R3 _, on the laptop I use also the latest nc version in 64 bits. 7.1R3 (build 18671)._

Regards

Eric

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What is the failure you are seeing? What is the difference between working and non-working? What type of split tunnel are you using?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

When I click on a network drive, sometime I can see all files and when I load one most of the time I have a popup tell me that The local device name is already in use_. It's a network connect session. And when I use a file bookmark I didn't have any problem.

A sample under cmd with notepad I can create or edit a text file, when I do the same thing with winword sometime I can load sometime I failed.

With XP and network connect mode with network connect drive it works.

Is it a dns problem, an authentification problem, how can I troubleshoot more to solve this problem ?

regards

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I solve my problem by uncheck an option in my checkpoint IPS who block the access to some windows server with a "non compliant CIFS" error.

So now I didn't have any error.

Thanks

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the update; glad to hear you found the solution and for sharing.