We've done some preliminary testing of Windows 8.1 RTM with SA 7.4R3 and so far, we have not been able to get it working at all in Internet Explorer 11. For us it bombs out immediately at Host Checker; which doesn't look it will actually install. Have tried adding our SA to the Trusted Sites list but that didn't help.
Has anyone else tested and if so, had better luck?
Juniper is internally testing against Windows 8.1. No official support dates have been listed yet.
I opened a case and JTAC stated WIN 8.1 is still basically beta. MS will make changes. Juniper will not spend a lot of time until the final version is released.
Well, Windows 8.1 is RTM and available for anyone with an EA or SA agreement to download. So I really hope support follows quickly - I really hope it's not still in beta.
Win8.1 is now available and we're being asked by our support teams what the status is. Is there any update on when it will be supported?
Thanks for sharing that link. I indeed found out today that Active-X deployment of Pulse doesn't work. It falls back to Java OK, but every time Pulse is starting it needs user interaction since Java 7 update 45 has changed some things in the security meganism.
I'm curious to find out when Juniper is able to fix Active-X deployment again or is able to bypass Java security prompts. (Oracle suggests: Developers: If your application is affected, evaluate usage of the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest).
The Active-X based issues on IE 11 (on windows 8.1) will be fixed in 7.4R6 as mentioned in the KB.
The issue with Java prompts that appear since Java 7 update 45 (independent of Windows 8.1) is being worked upon. I don't have an ETA for this issue as yet. If you report it to JTAC they should be able to track the release that will have the fix for you. Or If I find out before that will certainly share with the forum.
I'm finding the windows 8.1 is not allowing install of the Juniper jnprTDI component.
00132,09 2013/05/23 13:27:18.657 1 SYSTEM MsiExec.exe jnprTdi p1436 t1058 TdiInstall.cpp:160 - 'jnprTdi' ControlService failed! Error: 1062
00144,09 2013/05/23 13:27:18.673 3 SYSTEM MsiExec.exe jnprTdi p1436 t1058 TdiInstall.cpp:112 - 'jnprTdi' service: jnprTdi_740_32235 marked for deletion
Clients connect but no network session is available. There is not obvious error to the client that there is an issue, other than no communication.
So I found out a bit more as the day has progressed. Clients that update form 8.0 to 8.1 running Pulse 4.0.4 give the log messages from my previous post. These users can connect without error but will not pass traffic.
Clients that are installed onto a clean windows 8.1 system loose all network access. The Juniper network driver is installed but none of the interfaces can DHCP.
I've got a case open with Juniper support and the early word is that 7.4r7 is scheduled to to have the fixed client version. That is not expected until Early December.
Network Connect does not seem to have these issues. I'm migrating the few affected users to NC and I'll see how that goes.