cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows RT VPN Static Routing issues

Highlighted
New Contributor

Windows RT VPN Static Routing issues

Currently we have a SA-2500 running version 7.4R8.  I've been playing around with our Windows 8 RT tablets and have been able to connect them through the integrated VPN client of windows to the Juniper device.  When connected to the VPN, most users are able to access our sharepoint site while off-site.  Some users are having problems and this is where it gets weird.

One of the users is able to access the sharepoint site while on my mobile hotspot and while on my home network but not at his home network or public networks like starbucks.  We played around with his router settings at his house and found that if we switch the router to Dynamic Routing instead of Static Routing it works.  

The VPN connects all the time with no problems but we can't get the Intranet site to come up unless his router is set to Dynamic Routing.  

Anybody have any idea of why this is?  I'm stumped.  My fear is that these tablets are not going to work on most public wi-fi to access our company sharepoint site.

Thanks and Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Windows RT VPN Static Routing issues

This may sound like a DNS setting issue.  If your run ipconfig /all when connected to the VPN tunnel, what are the dns setting that appear for the virtual adapter?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Windows RT VPN Static Routing issues

So my PPP adapter (which I assume is the VPN virtual adapter) has a valid internal IP address and the DNS suffix search list shows as our FQDN... I went to the Intranet and it works fine.  I'm logged into my mobile hot spot on my phone.  I think you are correct with your assumption with DNS but I'll need to visit the co-workers house and try his tablet from there.  That or a coffee shop. Also, I'll try and connect to the intranet site from its IP instead of the domain name.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks for the idea!