cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows files access if user account restricted

Occasional Contributor

Windows files access if user account restricted

Hi

Currently setting up some users for limited/ restricted access to our system. We're setting up a bookmark to a windows file share to be published through the SA2500.

-If we leave the account as standard they can access the share and files through the bookmark.

-When we restrict the users AD account to only be able to "Log On To..." certain computers the bookmark no longer works, we get a "the username and password set by your administrator prevents you from accessing this resource" message. If we try the link 3 times the users AD account locks out as per our security settings.

I've added the fileserver, AD server, Juniper box to the log on to settings and a few other devices I though might possibly be involved in authentication but no joy.

The error in the users log is: Failed to list Windows share \\server\share in wrkgrp/domain DOMAIN for user domain\username with error 13.

I tried multiple things in the SSO settings but as it works as soon as the user is allow log on to all PCs I don't think theres anything wrong with them.

Anyone come across this before? Many thanks for any pointers.

gR

2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Re: Windows files access if user account restricted

Hello! Had the same issue. Turned out that the folder did not have enough permissions on the share on the windows side.

Re: Windows files access if user account restricted

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue with DFS file bookmark:

Failed to list Windows share \\xxx\yyyy in wrkgrp/domain ddddd for user uuuuu with error 13.

Share works properly also with VPN tunnel but not using "files" core feature.

Someone can you help me?

Thank you,

Fabio Colombo