cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XenDesktop 5.1 via Virtual Desktop Profile on SA with 7.0R4

rswinter_
Frequent Contributor

Re: XenDesktop 5.1 via Virtual Desktop Profile on SA with 7.0R4

Using the Virtual Desktop Profiles, I see the same error in the XML returned via tcpdump, that was my original assumption behind the new version not being supported. Using a Web Link to the XenApp web servs and SAM to proxy the XenDesktop connection, I get access to what I want, just not the way I want.. -S
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

If you type your credentials in statically on both the profile definition page & bookmark page, do you see the same behavior? Are there any errors logged on the Citrix server? What messages, if any, show on the IVE user access and event logs? What does the client log show? What does the VDI session recording show?
rswinter_
Frequent Contributor

I have tried defining my username and password on the Profile/Recource and Bookmark and had no sucess. I also turned on Policy Tracing, Session Recording and Virtual Desktop Session Recording. Policy Tracing shows me being assigned to the correct Role, but the Session Recording and the Virtual Desktop Session recording don't produce any trace files. I also turned on Client access logging for Virtual Desktops, and I also see absolutely nothing in the client logs. Unfortunately I haven't seen the Citrix Server side of things, not in my area of responsibility. The Citrix Admin look at the logs at one time and didn't see anything in there.... The only thing I've seen the shows any record of any packets crossing is the tcpdump. Which show the IVE sending my credentials and the Citrix Server sending back an generic "error" message. The big thing that I see if that the IVE is sending Nfuse version 5.0 and we are running 5.1. The Citrix guy did say that alot of changes were made between 5.0 and 5.1 and are probably not compatable. We are running IVE version 7.0r4. I couldn't find anything in the realease note about what Citrix version anything supports, so not sure if that's the issue or not.
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

That should be ok; there should be no error with that.

For checking the Java access, you will want to enable client-side logging for Java applets in addition to the dsrecord to see what is happening.

Stewart_
Contributor

I have just tried to setup XenDesktop and have got the same error message. I've had nothing but problems with all these new features on SSLVPN (Junos Pulse is just as bad IMO). Anyone managed to get it working yet?

apeterson_
Not applicable

We had integration working great with XenDesktop4 on 7.1 - we upgraded to XD5 and it broke. Opened a case with Juniper, they do not officially support XD5 yet.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

@Stewart, what concern do you have with Junos Pulse not working?

@RSwinter: For the issues w/ VDI, do you have the domain listed with your username?
rswinter_
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I have tried to both ways, with and without the Domain. to me, it does look like a version issue. In the TDP dump, I see the SA sending with XenDesktop 5.0 and the citrix servers responding with XenDesktop 5.1 Error. -S