cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yosemite support

Unfed_
New Contributor

Yosemite support

It's not too surprising that Network Connect and JunOS Pulse don't work with Apple's OSX Yosemite beta.  I have a dim memory of a workaround with a prior release (Snow Leopard?) of OSX.  Does anyone know of a way to get the apps to work, or an alternative SSL VPN client that's known to work with Yosemite?

If not, does anyone have any insight into when we can expect an update? Particularly in light of Juniper's recent sale of SSL products.  Of-course, we can't expect Juniper to support a beta product, but we should expect support by the time the latest OSX is officially released. Juniper hasn't been very good at meeting that standard in the past, are they even going to bother with updates after the sale?

23 REPLIES 23
Kita_
Valued Contributor

Re: Yosemite support

We have already started testing against Yosemite OS X and working to resolve these issues.  As of now, it is business as usual and we try our best to support Yosemite OS X by the time it is released to the public.

Kita_
Valued Contributor

I tried some generic testing with Yosemite and everything seems to be okay so far.  I did find that the web delivery does not work but this is due to Java issues.  I manually installed the DMG from the Juniper Support site and it does install and connect to my MAG device fine.

Unfed_
New Contributor

That's great to hear.  Thanks for the reply Kita.

Kita_
Valued Contributor

I've upgrade the java client to v8 and this seemed to resolve my launching issue.  Please feel free to add to the thread for any other Yosemite issue you may run into and I can test and debug these scenario in our lab.

carumuga_
New Contributor

Juniper Network Connect 8.0.4 (31475) worked until beta 4 and it is broke even with Yosimite beta 6.

Attached is the error I am getting after logged in.

Also, If some one can share the URL to download the client, I would appreciate it.

Please let me know if there is a workaround or fix.

Kita_
Valued Contributor

From my understanding, Network Connect is not expected to work with Yosemite as this was dropped from support with Maverick.  If a L3 tunnel is required, please use Junos Pulse.

dsegel_
Occasional Contributor

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Restart. Network Connect now works in Yosemite.

Use at your own risk.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Any new OS is not going to be supported at launch, unfortunately. We do try; however, the is always testing needed on the final release before support can be claimed
carumuga_
New Contributor

Thanks for the tips dsegel. Network connect works in Yosemite now. I had waited for the fix/workaround since Yosemite Beta 4. Great tips.