cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have permission to login. Please contact your administrator.

Hello All,

I am having problem accessing SSL.

When I try to open URL I am getting this error even before option to enter my credentials.

I also noticed that this error comes only when I am connected through wifi, but same is working fine if I am connected by dongle or LAN.

Can anyone help me to identify the cause ?!

3 REPLIES 3
ruc
Pulser

Re: You do not have permission to login. Please contact your administrator.

This error is mostly because you are failing some security policies or other checks that your IT that manages the Pulse Secure gateway device has configured. You will have to reach out to the administrator of the device or your IT team to help you (in case they are not familiar ask them to turn on Policy tracing for your username and once you replicate the issue it will provide a detailed report of your login attempt)

Super Contributor

Does your WiFi at this location have a captive portal redirect?

I've seen these issues when the WiFi setup is redirecting requests to their internal certificate captive portal server and the transfer is failing.  If so, try making the WiFi connection and fully browsing an internet sites before hitting the Pulse Secure portal.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro-Ethernet & ISP) - http://puluka.com/home

In addition to what ruc & spuluka said, another option is that there are IP restrictions in place that prevent WiFi-based devices from connecting. Whether that is intentional or not, is another question that you will need to talk to your IT team about (as well as the other items that ruc & spuluka suggested)