cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your computer's security is unsatisfactory - Linux OS

Occasional Visitor

Your computer's security is unsatisfactory - Linux OS

Hi,

I currently use Pulse Secure VPN in order to connect with my computer in university office. One day I was connecting as usually, but this error appears just pressing the "connect" button:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your computer's security is unsatisfactory

Your computer does not meet the following requirements. Please follow the instructions below to fix these problems. When you are done click Try Again. If you choose to Continue without fixing these problems, you may not have access to all of your intranet servers.

1. os_version

Reason: No rules are configured for the Linux platform.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a GNU/Linux 64 bit distribution. I recently changed the partition of my computer: I had a dual boot Ubuntu/Linux system, I deleted the Ubuntu partition making space for the Linux one.  Not that it matters, but this is the only change I made on my computer, so I can't understand why it gives me a different answer in Pulse Secure connection.

Finally, I write here because, although there is already a similar problem in the forum, it does not regard a Linux OS. This can change things.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Contributor

Re: Your computer's security is unsatisfactory - Linux OS

Hi Kali,

Looks like the script that is being run while connecting to VPN, expects some sort of a file in the partition that you had changed. May be it is collecting some information from some file in that partition

Highlighted

From the error message (no rules are configured from the Linux platform), it seems that the host checker policy configured or mapped for evaluation does not have any a rule for Linux OS.

Can you check with your VPN administrator regarding this?

Admin has to configure any available rules for Linux OS (currently, it will be empty), so that you will be able to connect without this error.

I have same issue.

Is it possible to fool checker? Like USER_AGENT http header.

Instead of Linux tell that it is MacOS?

As for me using checker is not effective measure at all.

If I cannot run VPN cline on Linux then I will run windows in virtual box and start http proxy inside or configure NAT and forwarding on windows machine.

I'm afraid we cannot bypass the host checker using a User-Agent spoof as I don't think it will be checking for a less-reliable value.

@diaitskov: If you changed the user-agent string, it is possible it would run the checks for that spoofed platform; however, the connection would still fail as the macOS or Windows binaries will not load on Linux and still cause failure (since the application will not run).