cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot even shutdown or open task manager after connecting to network connect 7.1 on windows 8.1

sgireddy_
New Contributor

cannot even shutdown or open task manager after connecting to network connect 7.1 on windows 8.1

I have been using Network Connect 7.1 for almost two years on Windwos 8 and for more than 6 months on 8.1. For about a month or so, I have been experiencing this problem of nothing works after connecting to network connect. I can't even shutdown, restart or open task manager. I had to hard boot. BTW, those applications already open works fine. Looks like some core windows functionality that is responsble to invoke "windows" applications is broken, probably by a recent hot fix.

Fortunately, I am not the only one, another colleague of mine at work had exactly same problem.

I even formatted and installed a fresh copy of windows 8.1 and still the issue persists.

After couple of weeks, I observed that it only impacts if I open office products after connecting to network connect. Everything works like a magic as soon as I disconnect network connect.

Somebody please help!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
M Suresh Reddy_
Occasional Contributor

Re: cannot even shutdown or open task manager after connecting to network connect 7.1 on windows 8.1

Did you try Junos Pulse?

And which version are you using in the your SA/MAG device?

There are few recommnded and compatability versions required at client and SA as well.

Did you enable any hostchecker  policy?

sgireddy_
New Contributor

Re: cannot even shutdown or open task manager after connecting to network connect 7.1 on windows 8.1

Hi Suresh,

Thanks a lot for responding quickly.

I am just an end user so have no idea about the server side. Also, I think the issue is on the client side. I don't know what Junos Pulse is, is it a client side utility? Looks like it is not owned by Juniper anymore...

And which version are you using in the your SA/MAG device? No idea what it is as well.

There are few recommnded and compatability versions required at client and SA as well.

can you please suggest the correct version for Windows 8.1? Are there any work around that I can use if I can't upgrade the client (looks like the server mandates the client version).

Did you enable any hostchecker  policy? Looks like Yes.

M Suresh Reddy_
Occasional Contributor

Yes Junos pulse is client side utility.

This software you can download directly from juniper.net/support or your administrator need to be enable the option (Junos Pulse) in roles then you can dynamically download after login to the VPN.

I am sure even its owned by other company also you will get pulse software pl try it once.

And client and server versions are need check sometimes for campatable . Because as you told  in Windows8 no issues.

What type of hosthecker policy applied? Because you mentioned that when you are working with office products then getting impact. So it may be related to host-hecker policy also. 

Pl checks above options once.

shaun.swales_
Not applicable

Hi All

I am having the same problem on Windows 8.1 with Secure Connect Client.

Thought it was my windows so re installed twice but still having the same problem.