cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsTermServ issue on Windows 10

Occasional Contributor

dsTermServ issue on Windows 10

We can login to the PulseSecure front end and can see the choice of hyperlinks to launch the terminal services sessions. However when we click on any one of these this error is returned:-

dsTermServ.exe has terminated unexpectedly. Debug information about this issue has been created in dsTermServ.dmp

We can connect successfully from Windows 7 clients but not Windows 10. Has anyone seen this error or have a fix?

29 REPLIES 29

Re: dsTermServ issue on Windows 10

🤔 It seems that the dsTermSrv.exe process is getting crashed during the launch process which is not very common.

Any luck on disabling the Antivirus shields/other security products?

Can you please open a support ticket with us to investigate further? If possible, please share a link to download the crash dump file.

Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ray I'll get a ticket opened.

Occasional Contributor

Not sure if I can open a ticket since I'm just the end user. The crash dump file is here, would you be able to review it please?

https://hcpanywhere.hitachivantara.com/u/51PclbNT3B71U9yQ/dsTermServ.dmp?l

Thank you. Please let us know how the investigation goes Smiley Happy

Sure. Thanks for providing the dump file. In the meanwhile, please get in touch with your IT helpdesk to see if they can file a ticket with us.

as @Ray indicated, we have not seen this recently. is this happening on all your Windows 10 clients?
are you using the 64-bit IE or 32-bit?
Occasional Contributor

The laptop is 64 bit, not sure if IE is but I'm also getting same error on Firefox 64 bit and Chrome. 

Would you be able to look at the dump without a case open, as my support desk is very slow at opening these.

thank you for the update.
unfortunately, i am unable to look at the dump file; however, I will check around to see if there is someone who can take a quick peek.
Highlighted

How many of your users are reporting this? Unfortunately, nothing jumps out as a place to start investigating or asking you to test with from the crash dump.
i know it is not ideal, and apologize, but i think the best way to try and help determine what is happening will be to go through your helpdesk.

in the meantime, some other things you can test (if you have availability): does this happen on all Windows 10 machines or only ones that have been added to your domain? what AV/FW software are you using? Is it different between Windows 7 & Windows 10? Does it have an option to whitelist applications?