cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsTermServ issue on Windows 10

Re: dsTermServ issue on Windows 10

# Firmware version of the VPN server to which you're connecting and the installed Pulse secure terminal service client (properties >> details)

As @zanyterp rightly pointed out, we are not seeing this crash on a clean/fresh deployment of Windows 10 machines.

When it comes to adding exclusions, please try to add the responsible executable (dsTermserv.exe) along with it's folder contents (folder + program exception), as there are many DLLs which will be used by that process, and still might be blocked by those AVs.

Please do let us know the results. Thanks Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

My IT desk have told me that dstermserv.exe is not blocked by either CarbonBlack or Forescout - would you know what else can be checked?

Occasional Contributor

They are now asking me to:

Send us the full file path with all its child processes please and we will create the exclusion

Could you advise please?

Program Exclusion: "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Pulse Secure\Pulse Terminal Services Client\dsTermServ.exe"

Folder Exclusion (as there are DLLs): "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Pulse Secure\Pulse Terminal Services Client"

Occasional Contributor

My Helpdesk has now advised:-

"we may be able to get this working on your Win10 machine by updating the compatibility options for the executable file"

Could you advise if this is necessary for Windows 10? If so then what files will have to be changed and do you have recommneded settings?

No, we don't need to modify the compatibility settings of the terminal client to work on Windows 10 machines.

By the way, have they forced the client to run with older windows OS versions or was it any other compatibility setting?

there should be no need to adjust compatibility settings, as outlined by @Ray
as another option...do you have a proxy configured in your browser? if yes, can you disable this and test to see if the crash continues?
Occasional Contributor

This issue is still present. We have set the exclusions as above and also tried W7 compatability mode without success, there's no proxy set at the time of testing either. My Help desk are just about out of ideas, could you suggest anything else we can check? Thanks

JIm.