cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hostchecker always crashes without further notice

pulsewusel
Visitor

hostchecker always crashes without further notice

I need some help with the hostchecker application which always crashes on an Intel NUC machine (6. generation) that runs a Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After three weeks not using the system the hostchecker application now crashes every time at the same point. The last successfull usage of it was on 07/09. There was no active update of the system in between. Maybe some "hidden" updates are installed which I don't know.

I just add the last line from the debuglog file which are always the same. Everytime the application crashes a dump file is written too.

dsHostChecker.exe hcUtils p3824 t1D14 verify.cpp:186 - 'dsVerifySignature' not signed by 'Developer ID Application: OPSWAT, Inc. (ARQ7AT7Y5E)' or 'Pulse Secure, LLC'
dsHostChecker.exe OpswatIMC p3824 t1D14 OpsInterface.cpp:1449 - 'EsapOpswatSDKV4' Successfully loaded the libwaapi module
dsHostChecker.exe OpswatIMC p3824 t1D14 OpsInterface.cpp:2197 - 'OpsInterface::deobfuscateString' Successfully obtained clear string from obfuscated stirng
dsHostChecker.exe OpswatIMC p3824 t1D14 OpsInterface.cpp:2197 - 'OpsInterface::deobfuscateString' Successfully obtained clear string from obfuscated stirng

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
someday
New Contributor

Re: hostchecker always crashes without further notice

same problem here...

Is there any new information on this issue?

*Deepclean and reinstalled or add new windows-user did not work.

someday
New Contributor

Re: hostchecker always crashes without further notice

Complement:
3 employees have been affected since last August.

They all get the same entry in Event Viewer:
dshostchecker.exe crashed in connection with ntdll.dll

It is also strange that all three, unlike the rest of the workforce, have a different folder structure in "appdata\roaming\pulse secure\Host Checker\" - there is an additional Folder "3.8.4", this contains the same files that are also present here "appdata\roaming\pulse secure\Host Checker\OPSWAT".

As a workaround, I could open a link (Initiator) (pleasewait:...) via right mouse button > examine > Network in a new tab during the login attempt, then it apparently skips the check to see whether the PC meets the requirements. Then I get the message that no antivirus software was found, here I use Opswat-on-demand and I or my colleague could theoretically work. However, not all employees can use these functions and is therefore not useful.