cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAntiVirus not working with Host Checker in Mac OS Mountain Lion

rl1_
New Contributor

Re: iAntiVirus not working with Host Checker in Mac OS Mountain Lion

We are running 7.2R4 with ESAP 2.2.3 and have a support case with Juniper re multiple Host Checker issues on Mac...

1. Enabling AV definition checks of any kind (even up to 30 days) denies the host connectivity. Even though the AV is up-to-date.

2. Some process (although running) are not being found by the HC

3. Failing on some other HC checks should present the user with a 'Continue' button as these other HC checks have been set-up to just check and not enforce. Unfortunately unlike Windows the Mac users do no get a Continue button.

Tried and tested on 10.6.8 and 10.8.1

Alexgn_
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jay,

thank you so much for your information, I am not the person in charge of the VPN, I am only an end user that wants to connect the Mac to the VPN.

I will pass these notes to IT deparment.

One more question, the path that Host Checker is case sensitive?

Because the HC is looking for iAntiVirus, but my application is installed and as iAntivirus.

same path and everything, the only problem is the "V" and the "v"

Thank you so much!

Alex

jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Hi Alex,

I do not think the case matters in this case as SA version 7.1x is not capable for checking the presence of the anti-virus on your MAC, your IT team instead can configure a host checker policy to check for a process name associated with iAntivirus as a workaround in 7.1x code

Regards,

Jay

Alexgn_
Occasional Contributor

Hi RL1, please let me know the outcome of your support case.

Thank you

Alex

mdfittipaldi_
Not applicable

Hi, anyone can solve the problem, because I«m tried in Lion and the Host Checker not pass.

"Host Checker policy 'MAC' failed on host ***.***.***.*** . Reason: 'avast! Free Antivirus 7.0 (37431) does not comply with policy. Compliance requires real time protection enabled.'."

The log is incorrect.

Thanks...

Ps.. Sorry for my english..

rl1_
New Contributor

Thus far there has been no progress with my Juniper support case (see earlier post in this thread) apart from the Juniper support team escalating my ticket to their peers and saying that they are having problems setting up a lab, and will be get back to me the following morning.

Unfortunately they never get back to us. Its quite simple:

Juniper are not ready to support Apple Mac OSX

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

i'm sorry you have had issues with JTAC on your case; if this is still open, can you send me the case number privately so i can check on it?