Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iexplore.exe over wsam

bratfett_
Occasional Contributor

iexplore.exe over wsam

hi,

does anyone know if i can use iexplore.exe as an wsam application.

the goal would be to control http/s traffic from remote clients via company proxy.

i tried to implemet this scenario in an test environment, at the beginning it seems to work well, but in the end i had many times a " frozen" wsam -> only an reboot helped and at the time when blue screens occured on my client -> i gave up.

my question now.

supports juniper, iexplore.exe as an wsam application, or is my way just wrong and not doable.

kind regards

g

6 REPLIES 6
miked_
Contributor

Re: iexplore.exe over wsam

We have some people working in China right now, so I setup wsam to capture all iexplorer and skype traffic and send it back through our vpn.

I havent had any issues yet though......running on windows 7 enterprise with 6.4r4.1 But we just implemented that about 2 weeks ago

Tessian_
Frequent Contributor

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to... does the issue still occur if you just give the access through WSAM without the application restriction?

bratfett_
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

first of all - thanks for your answers!

the issue still occurs.

good to know that it acctually should work, i have no glue why i am not able to get it run stable;

is just tried it some minutes ago and still got an frozen wsam after some minutes.

hmm, i realy have no idea, but thanks anyway.

kind regards

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You can define iexplore.exe through the WSAM access without an issue; just note that all traffic will then be sent through your intranet for IE.

Where is the proxy sitting: between IVE and backend or between user and IVE? The former I do not believe is supported and may cause apparent freezes; the latter requires that the destinations be put in the proxy exception list to go through WSAM successfully.

What type of freeze are you having? Does a TCP dump show connections from the IVE to the backend? Does the events log (open the SAM UI, click on advanced>>, and then events log)?

bratfett_
Occasional Contributor

hi zanyterphi!

thanks for the answer - i allready tought that it had to be possible.

>Where is the proxy sitting: between IVE and backend or between user and IVE? The former I do not believe is supported and may cause apparent freezes;

Well, i struggle a little bit with my english right now.

You mean, when the remote user connects to the ive and this connection went through a proxy -> it is not supported - right?

In my case, the remote client has an direct connection to the ive (there is an proxy exception for the ive url in the internet explorer settings)

1)remote user connects via internet explorer the ive sign in page

2)wsam starts

3)now all the ie traffic should run through wsam and ive -> the ive has an acl for the company proxy and should work now as revertproxy and should transfer all IE requests to the company webproxy server

>Does a TCP dump show connections from the IVE to the backend?

you mean, is there direct traffic from the ive to the internet webserver which the user like to browse -right?

i do not know because i got freezing and bluescreens before

my wsam log shows:

session timeout occured, shutting down -> lots of times the same line

but this occurs allready after a couple of seconds after wsamstart

today i got a blue screen again ->bad_boot_caller wos the message

the notebooks works normaly without issues i got only bluescreens when i start wsam.

any ideas?

kind regards

bratfett_
Occasional Contributor

hi,

eventlog reports:

application hang -> dsSamUI.exe can not run under windwos any longer.

regards