cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inadequate client capabilities error

SLH_
New Contributor

inadequate client capabilities error

Not sure it's related but after upgrading to ESAP 1.4.5 we have a few users that get inadequate client capabilities error when trying to load host checker. I can manually install the new host checker but when I go back to log into Juniper I still get the same error. I've un-installed the old host checker several times and removed all Juniper folders. I believe it's an IE problem and I've run several different spyware programs but thought I'd see if anyone else has come across this. Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
ZTG_
Not applicable

Re: inadequate client capabilities error

Just yesterday I had one of our users with the same error message while trying to run Host Checker connecting to a SA4500. So far it's only this one user out of about 100.

The login is running fine with Firefox, but fails with this error message when trying with IE or directly with the Network Connect utililiy.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thx

SLH_
New Contributor

I found what was causing our error. The latest update of Microsoft .net framework 3.5 sp1. I uninstalled just the latest update and Host checker pasted. Not sure why it broke a few PC's and not all but removing the .net 3.5sp1 update fixed it.
rnesser_
Not applicable

Removing the framework didn't work for me, but this did:

http://www.netsplore.com/PublicPortal/blog.aspx?EntryID=45

Essentially there's some hang-up with IE having too many values in a regkey causing the browser to hang up on stuff.

FWIW I was able to get HostChecker to work in FireFox.