cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a client for Windows Mobile?

mlevin77_
Occasional Contributor

is there a client for Windows Mobile?

We have the Juniper VPN at work and I can't figure out how to connect to it from my Windows Mobile 6.5 PDA phone. Is there a PPC client or settings to make it work with Windows Mobile (Imagio HTC phone with Verizon)?

thank you,

Mike Levin

12 REPLIES 12
mattspierce_
Frequent Contributor

Re: is there a client for Windows Mobile?

7.0 R1 has Windows Mobile/Smartphone 5 and 6 pulse clients. The installer is under Maintenance/System/Installers

mlevin77_
Occasional Contributor

@mattspierce wrote:

7.0 R1 has Windows Mobile/Smartphone 5 and 6 pulse clients. The installer is under Maintenance/System/Installers

thanks!! A couple of questions:

"7.0R1" - is this the version of the VPN side that we need to have for this to work?

"Pulse" - is this the name of the windows mobile device-side client?

"installer is under Maintenance/System/Installers" - I can't seem to find this on the website. Is there a trial version anywhere I can download to try to see if it works for me?

Mike

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

assuming you are the admin, what platform version are you running? its located under maintenance/system/platform/current version. if you are on 6.5 you can still use WSAM on windows mobile 6.5 devices. installer found at maintenance/system/installers.

mlevin77_
Occasional Contributor

@SonicBoom wrote:

assuming you are the admin, what platform version are you running? its located under maintenance/system/platform/current version. if you are on 6.5 you can still use WSAM on windows mobile 6.5 devices. installer found at maintenance/system/installers.

I'm not the admin (just a guy who wants to use his WM6.5 mobile phone/PDA to get to my stuff!) but I'll ask the admin about platform version. In the meantime, I think I'm on the wrong pages - I don't see maintenance/system/installers - can you give me a direct URL for where this is?

thanks!

Mike

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

ahhh, no wonder you cant find anything we are talking about, thats only accessible by the admin, lol so sorry, what you can do is just go to your portal page and log in, it SHOULD prompt for the download, if it doesnt, try clicking the link that says check compatiblity and again it should ask to download.

mattspierce_
Frequent Contributor

Also, please be patient with your IT Guy. 7.0r1 is a relatively new platform version. Junipers support still recomends 6.5 unless you're brave or have a feature requirement. That adds up to a good IT guy taking time to evaluate and test any platform upgrades.

mlevin77_
Occasional Contributor

got it. We're still on v6 and as you predicted, our IT person wants to research it before moving. I understand completely; I just want to be able to connect from my device... :-(

mlevin77_
Occasional Contributor

hmmm. When I go to the VPN page with the Pocket Internet Explorer, it lets me log in but the page it serves next is missing some stuff that I see when logging in from a desktop. In particular, it's missing the "Network Connect" button, which is what allows me to connect from home. There's no "check compatibility" link that I can see...

@SonicBoom wrote:

ahhh, no wonder you cant find anything we are talking about, thats only accessible by the admin, lol so sorry, what you can do is just go to your portal page and log in, it SHOULD prompt for the download, if it doesnt, try clicking the link that says check compatiblity and again it should ask to download.

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

ahh you guys are using NC, he may need to setup a new realm with sign in page for mobile users and have you guys log in to something like remote.yourcompany.com/mobile and enable wsam for it