Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi-value LDAP attribute with Term Serv

SOLVED
davidcardwell_
Occasional Contributor

multi-value LDAP attribute with Term Serv

I have a multi-value attrib in LDAP called "MySystems" and the term serv bookmarks work, but they are all named the same. An average user will have 2 or 3 values under this attribute so their view shows 3 bookmarks all called "MySystems". This is not very practical and neither is having a seperate attribute and profile for each host. Does anyone know how, or if it can fixed to present the user with specifics on the bookmark. The vaules in LDAP are the FQDN so if that could be appended to the bookmark for each host that would be sufficient.

I followed http://kb.pulsesecure.net/index?page=content&id=KB14623&actp=search&searchid=1279298339897 to get this working in the first place. NOTE: the KB mentions the exact problem I am having.

SA code: 6.5R5

users affected: >500

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: multi-value LDAP attribute with Term Serv

Is the bookmark name set as "MySystems" or <userAttr.MySystems>?

If you set the bookmark as "MySystems" I would expect what you are seeing; if you set the bookmark as <userAttr.MySystems> I would expect the users to see different names for each item (this is what I read the KB to indicate as well as what I have seen in testing previously).

if that is not what you are seeing, you may want to open a JTAC case for further investigation/confirmation on the expected behavior (I haven't tested recently).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Is the bookmark name set as "MySystems" or <userAttr.MySystems>?

If you set the bookmark as "MySystems" I would expect what you are seeing; if you set the bookmark as <userAttr.MySystems> I would expect the users to see different names for each item (this is what I read the KB to indicate as well as what I have seen in testing previously).

if that is not what you are seeing, you may want to open a JTAC case for further investigation/confirmation on the expected behavior (I haven't tested recently).

View solution in original post

untruenorth_
Occasional Contributor

If I've understood your question correctly, just add <UserAttr.foo> to the bookmark name in your resource profile.
untruenorth_
Occasional Contributor

(Ah - always hit reload before replying, in case someone else has already answered the question!)
davidcardwell_
Occasional Contributor

I had never thought of that. It worked great. Thanks for the help everyone.

David.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Glad to hear it worked as expected Smiley Happy