Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non paged pool memory leak when connected to remote desktop

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

non paged pool memory leak when connected to remote desktop

Hi all,

I am not particularly tech savvy, but am connecting to the remote desktop via pulse secure (version 9.1.7)

My non pooled memory increases steadily whilst pulse secure is connected, if I try downloading a torrent for example the non poolled memory increases RAPIDLY. My desktop is fine however without pulse secure being connected.

I tried looking online and couldn't really find anything. Any ideas why this is occuring and what I can do to fix it? My PC becomes essentially unusable after an hour or two and gets progressively more sluggish as the RAM gets filled up.

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: non paged pool memory leak when connected to remote desktop

This has been happening to me *DAILY* since working remotely in March. I could not find any solutions or answers online, whatsoever. Reading your post has brought some of my sanity back, to know it is actually an issue and not just a one off fluke occurring on my PC or for some other reason.

My issue is the exact same: If I connect with Pulse Secure and use RDC, there is a memory leak that just continues to increase the non-paged pool until all memory is used up and the computer becomes impossible to use. Disconnecting RDC or closing Pulse Secure does not clean up the non-paged pool appropriately, and your only option at that point is to reboot. It SUCKS!

Edit: I am required by my IT department to use version 9.1.4, thought that might be useful to whoever is investigating this.

Try using pulse client 9.1R7.1 version - https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB44537/?kA13Z000000L3SJ

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for the response. I will let you know if it fixes the issue.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I tried using the latest pulse secure but it is still giving me rapid non paged memory pool size.  When downloading a 1 gig file for example on my desktop, it will go from 1,000,000 K to 4,000,000 K. This only occurs when connected to pulse secure via my remote desktop