cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning upgrade from 7.4r12 directly to 8.1r11

bacato
New Contributor

planning upgrade from 7.4r12 directly to 8.1r11

Running MAG6610 Cluster, pair of SM160 modules. This is our first upgrade from an SA build onto a PS build. Obviously planning on this step upgrade to get to the 8.2 code upgrade next. We're really not doing anything fancy with this system, mainly just terminal server connections to systems inside. A little bit of "network connect" usage. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice, or gotcha's that I should be aware of? I have the how-to guide for upgrading the cluster, seems straightforward, etc. Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
zanyterp

Re: planning upgrade from 7.4r12 directly to 8.1r11

It is "just" upgrading the package
There should be no impact
Something to watch out for is if you are using the Installer Service is that you should deploy the upgraded version prior to the upgrade being done so that the client is ready to trigger the installation/launch of clients
bacato
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. No, we are not using the Juniper Installer Service. There are probably a lot of great features such as this we are missing out on.
zanyterp

Thank you for confirming
I would recommend, as always, to test to make sure nothing unexpected happens to users, but the upgrade should be smooth