cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"File bookmark", <userAttr.company>

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

"File bookmark", <userAttr.company>

I have a couple of different costumer in a AD the attribute "company" is storing what company they are from, i have a folder on a server with a couple of different subfolder with name of all the companys.

Now i want to make a bookmark to that maps to the company you are from, how do i make that ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: "File bookmark", <userAttr.company>

If you use Radius (for example IAS on MS Server) you can use Returning Attributes from IAS to map the users to a role which has the filebookmark.

Search in this Foru for Howto IAS.

So on IAS the RAS Policy would say

If the User is member of Windows Group "Company 1" then return attribute class with value "company 1".

When the radius accept message is sent to IVE, it also contains the attribute class with the value "company 1", which could be used easily and stable on IVE Rolemapping Rule on Realm level to map the user to role "Company 1" which has the proper filebookark for company 1 fileshare.

You could also do it with ldap but thats more complicated in my eyes.

Highlighted
Contributor

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: "File bookmark", <userAttr.company> [solved]

Thx, i figured it out. I pointed the share to \\fileserver\test\Kunder\<userAttr.Company>

And in the server catalog i added the attribute Company.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Well i use ldap group searching (nested) to map other roles to different users, so i guess i must use ldap way then?