cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pulse Secure Application Launcher failed to load Java. Please install correct JRE version."

michael92

"Pulse Secure Application Launcher failed to load Java. Please install correct JRE version."

I am trying to RDC via Pulse Secure Application Launcher. I keep getting

I am running macOS 11.0.0

Java is installed, is on my path, and JAVA_HOME is set

[email protected] ~ % java -version 
openjdk version "1.8.0_275"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.50.0.1013-CA-macos-aarch64) (build 1.8.0_275-b01)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Zulu 8.50.0.1013-CA-macos-aarch64) (build 25.275-b01, mixed mode)
[email protected] ~ % echo $JAVA_HOME 
/Users/michael/java/jdk8/zulu8.50.0.1013-ca-jdk8.0.275-macos_aarch64/bin/

Where is Pulse trying to find Java? Are there any logs I can view?

I have seen https://community.pulsesecure.net/t5/Pulse-Connect-Secure/MacOS-10-14-unable-to-connect-in-need-of-c... but unfortunately it is not useful, since Java is installed

5 REPLIES 5
jspiegel
New Contributor

Re: "Pulse Secure Application Launcher failed to load Java. Please install correct JRE version.

I don't know if it is the same issue, but I know there is an ongoing issue with the latest version of the JRE 271, and PAL only works for me if I revert back to JRE 251 (still with some issues like random crashes, and does not work on multiple monitors). This is a two month old issue, but Pulse has not done anything about it to my knowledge.

r@yElr3y

Re: "Pulse Secure Application Launcher failed to load Java. Please install correct JRE version.

@michael92 Please review the PulseApplicationLauncher.log and check the function which is failing. Launcher log should be in ~/Library/Logs directory.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
jspiegel
New Contributor

How can I send the application logs privately? I don't want to post it in the message board since it is public.

thanks,

MGall
Occasional Visitor

I'm having this problem as well.  I have not been able to get Pulse to launch at all. 

r@yElr3y

@michael92 @jspiegel Please request your helpdesk team to open a support ticket with us for review. DM through forum has been disabled temporarily.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert