cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random redirects after removing sign-in url

stine_
Super Contributor

random redirects after removing sign-in url

After i disable a sign-in url, users connecting to that URL get redirected to random sign-in pages (including my renamed admin url).

Has anyone seen this condition? I am running 6.3r3 on an SA-2000. If this continues to be an issue in 6.4, I'll probably cobble together a custom sign-in page that does nothing but redirect to an enabled sign-in page.

Does anyone have a bare-bones sign-in page that does this? And is it actually possible?

thanks

stine

4 REPLIES 4
drf_
Contributor

Re: random redirects after removing sign-in url

There is a cookie that saves the last sign in URL. If the users clear their cookies does that help? It should redirect them to the default sign in page if no cookie exists.
stine_
Super Contributor

That's not really what I'm getting at. If a user has a bookmark for https://sslvpn.company.tld/customer1 and I disable the sign-in page, I want them to go to a specific page: https://sslvpn.company.tld/noservice whether or not their cookies have been deleted or not.

I can create a custom page that has no post fields because I want to be able to keep the config info, in case i have to re-enable a service, but i want to have a generic page that simply says 'the service is not available' instead of them being redirected to any other random valid url.

I will have to try it with/without cookies and see if there is any pattern to it.

what i was hoping for was that someone had a blank "go away" custom page built that they wouldn't mind posting....

ah well.

stine

drf_
Contributor

Instead of disabling the sign-in URL you can set the only Auth Realm to an Anonymous realm which uses an Anonymous Auth Server. Then have no role mappings. Then the user would see the message:

"You are not allowed to sign in. Please contact your administrator." You can also change the Instructions on a new sign-in page to say this login page has been disabled

Or you can map the anonymous user to a role that has no access and just displays a greeting message that this login page has been disable. Or maybe you can set that role to auto redirect to another login URL (/noservice) using a custom start page url. You would have to set a Don't Rewrite rule so it goes direct.

But if you want a customized "page disabled" page with a redirect then I think custom sign-in pages is the way to go.

stine_
Super Contributor

I'll look at that later tonight. thanks.