cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registry editing has been disabled by your administrator...

SOLVED
kkinderen_
New Contributor

registry editing has been disabled by your administrator...

I have some users that travel to customer sites and try to use customer computers to connect to the VPN. At some sites they will get the error "Registry editing has been disabled by your Administrator." I understand that's a local policy and a choice made by the other company's IT group. I also understand by looking over the Client Side Changes Guide that the registry is modified.

I'm wondering what people might be using as a workaround solution - if there is any. Is it possible to connect to the IVE to access internal web sites without registry modifications?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: registry editing has been disabled by your administrator...

If all your users are doing is standard SSL browsing of web sites then there is no need for any registry editing. The easiest solution is to create a specific URL that can be used when off-site and create some custom roles with functionality limited to those resources for which no installs of any client side software is required.

The client side changes guide does a good job of explaining what changes are done by what objects.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

If all your users are doing is standard SSL browsing of web sites then there is no need for any registry editing. The easiest solution is to create a specific URL that can be used when off-site and create some custom roles with functionality limited to those resources for which no installs of any client side software is required.

The client side changes guide does a good job of explaining what changes are done by what objects.

View solution in original post

kkinderen_
New Contributor

This is my first ssl vpn configuration. After your explanation, things started falling into place. I made the changes and everyone is happy with it. Thanks!