Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server 2019 advanced html5 RDP file transfer

harriwal
New Contributor

server 2019 advanced html5 RDP file transfer

All,

I have created an advanced html5 rdp -bookmark and enabled the remote drive for file transfer option. 

Now this creates a mennu bar in top of the bookmark window. There are buttons "my files", information and a handle to drag the menu around. "My files" makes possbile to transfer files, but the question is where do uploaded files actually go? There is no virtual drive, like there was for eg. srv2012 (guacamole menu). Also how to download from the server to local computer? 

Manual does not answer or refers only to guacamole-menu.

3 REPLIES 3
rdumitrescu
Contributor

Re: server 2019 advanced html5 RDP file transfer

Once connected, if you click inside the HTML5 RDP connection you should be able to see 3 icons appearing: a cloud icon, an "i", icon and a vetical bar icon.

By clicking on the cloud icon you are able to share the files between your client and the remote desktop.

On the remote desktop you should see a network disk as "Cloud storge on <your name>" if not, just click on the cloud icon and then on "Your position" in the upper left corner.

harriwal
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion. When I click the "your position" link, I get an error dialog stating "\\tsclient\Cloud" and "Attempt to access invalid address".

There is no virtual disk "Cloud storage .." under "this pc".

Any further ideas?

rdumitrescu
Contributor

Well, in my case using Advanced HTML5 RDP and Windows 2019 everything is working properly.

What clicking on "Your position" does, is opening "Run" and executing \\tsclient\Cloud Storage\

Try to do the same manually. Also in your case maybe there is some local GPO on the Windows server that prevents you to map the tsclient share.