cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teminal Services Issue

Highlighted
New Contributor

teminal Services Issue

Hello, Iam trying to connect to a Terminal Server using Token. It comes to a point where it will install the juniper Terminal Services Client on my Laptop.

After installtion of some files it will come up with an Error Message,

"Juniper Terminal Services Client could not Initialize Properly, Click OK to Exit and Retry or Contact your Administrator.

i have Norton Antivirus on my Laptop, some thing to do with it.

Can you please help.

Thanks.Man Sad

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: teminal Services Issue

Do you see anything in :

- the user access logs on your SA device?

- the terminal services log?

Do you have local admin rights on the box you're trying to use the TS client on?

Is your AV giving you messages that it has blocked something? If so, try to disable it during TS Client install.

Kind regards,

Kristof

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

As Kristof asked, are you an admin on your PC? Which version of Norton do you have? Does it allow you to configure policies to accept certain applications? Does this happen on both IE & Firefox?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry for the Delay in replying. I have Norton Internet security 2011 installed on Two Laptops with the same Config on both of them. My Connection to terminal Server will work on other laptop with no hassles but iam not able to connect to TS with this Laptop. Yes i have Disabled the Norton for 1 hour and did all my best but the same error message. Can you please advice... Thanks

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Can you get your client-side log and post it here or send it to my in a private message? The log, after being enabled on the admin, is found at %allusersprofile%\application data\juniper networks\logging (on XP) or %appdata%\Juniper Networks\Logging\ and %public%\juniper networks\logging (on Vista/Win7). What does your system (PC) events log show?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, Here is the Log file from All users App data. thanks for your advice.

Regards

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Are you connecting through a proxy into the IVE? I can see failures with verification of the connection and details passed from the IVE to the client. Do you see %appdata%\Juniper Networks\Juniper Terminal Services Client\ created? If yes, do you see the Juniper Terminal Service Client, dsTermServ.exe, in the folder?
Highlighted
Super Contributor

If it's still an issue, please verfiy that Norton has been updated since friday. If you search symantec's forums, you'll see some issues with last week's update. I believe they've been resolved.